Nov 23, 2015 - 12:38 PM
We benchmark all of our websites and if it was a system wide failure we would notify everyone. If you are experiencing slow speeds here is several steps to troublehsoot the issue:
1) Is it slow on your computer only? Test the website using tools.pingdom.com or webpagetest.org We usually download 1MB - 2MB per second You can enter random URLs and see if it is downloading slower than usual
2) Check your internet speed the recommend speed would be 10mbps download and 4mbps upload. If you are slower than that it might be your internet
3) If you recently adding new products or reset your cache and it is pinging live website it might cause a lag. Give it 72 hours and see if the problem persists.
4) You can check the health of our CPU by visiting http://www.shoppingcartelite.com/status.aspx , if you keep pressing refresh and on average you are under "10" which means "10% of CPU" then the system is healthly
5) If the website started to work slow all of a sudden after an update, you can notify us to see if there is an issue that were introduced.
7) If you make any kind of edits to your products, or update inventory AND you have a large database of products (1,000+) your website might be slow. Your cache will be reset once your reload your products / inventory and you will be pinging the hard drives directly to retrieve the data until the new cache is in memory. We recommend doing such updates at night or weekends when it is off peak hours.