Nov 23, 2015 - 09:22 AM
There can be a few reasons as to why the Rates are not matching up or higher/lower than expected or does not calculate at all. Following these steps should resolve the issues. (Keep in mind the scenario that was presented here was for a single supplier. If you have multiple supplier combine and consolidate will not work for them as the item is shipping from various locations)
1) Most common is your supplier address is not correct or missing from Supplier warehouse or supplier has multiple warehouses not defined.
2) The correct supplier is not assigned to the products or the correct warehouse is not selected and the system will choose the nearest one to the customer address at that point.
3) The dimensions and weight of the product are not correct.
4) If the customer wants to purchase more than a single item you don't have combine and consolidate shipment selected under the products. To get the best possible shipping results if you have more than a single item to ship than you should set up Shipping boxes under the supplier > warehouse, so that your rates should be accurate. Do not add more then 20 boxes to warehouse otherwise it will become slow. Also with boxes you have the ability to assign which box is used for what country and what shipping service domestic ground, 2 day,3 day, next day or international etc. you also have the ability to take the box down to the state level if you want to offer that box only for certain states also.
5) If you want to offer your discounted rates direct to the customers there is a check box in Settings > Shipping > Provider credentials Check the box "Use Discounted Rate" this will enable the carrier to submit your actual rate to shopping cart elite
6) In The scenario if you are drop shipping and don't know the box size's & weight's and so on but are offering LIVE RATE on your website, the best way to get the best rates for customers without going over would be to get the correct address for the warehouse and then next step would be on product level select Consolidate only for shipping and MAX QTY BOX should be 1 as this will ensure that the items you are shipping together are getting the best rate without going over and also will ensure that the box is not being custom built as one big box and in some cases it can go over into freight category and if you don't have freight quote set up Shipping will Always Crash. You can also set up Flat rate in this scenario where it will charge per item or you can set up MAX QTY per box to charge that amount for that QTY.
Please review the following link to fully understand to address shipping issues.
7) If your shipping carriers are not assigned or the products has different shipping carriers for example if you have one product that has UPS assigned and the other product that has FedEx or USPS Assigned the shipping will not calculate. The system requires one common Shipping Carrier to calculate rates.
8) You must also have Same Shipping service if product A has Ground and Product B has 2nd day only then the shipping will not calculate unless all products have ground or 2nd day only then it will calculate.
9) If your shipping boxes are set up correct supplier is assigned and supplier address is there everything is correct but the shipping still failed because you are trying to buy 2 or more items together the only issue at that point can be mainly your shipping carriers are not the same or they offer different shipping services Ground, next day so on and to ensure that you don’t come across this issue is to make sure your shipping carrier is the same on all products and 2nd being you have the same Shipping Services Ground next day 2day and so on selected on all products.